San Jose employment lawyer John McIntyre focuses on advising employees of all types (from CEOs to front-line workers) and employers of all sizes, ranging from start-ups to national corporations, on all aspects of the employer-employee relationship.
But first and foremost, John is a litigator who represents companies and employees in all types of employment litigation matters before state and federal courts and governmental agencies (including the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), the California Department of Industrial Relations (commonly known as the “Labor Commissioner”) the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), prosecuting and defending claims involving wages, overtime, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and retaliation.
He also has extensive experience with both individual and class action wage and hour litigation, involving:
- Employee misclassification
- Overtime and minimum wage violations
- Unlawful deductions from employee pay
- Expense reimbursement
- Inaccurate wage statements
- Missed meal and break periods
- The California Private Attorneys General Act (“PAGA”)
John has significant experience in assisting employees entering into and exiting employment relationships. He has successfully negotiated countless employment and severance agreements.
John believes his balanced approach – representing both employees and employers – gives him a edge in any case he handles because he can readily anticipate the next move of his opponent.
John has been selected as a Northern California Super Lawyer in Employment and Labor from 2019-2022. Each year, only 5% of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Shea McIntyre, Partner
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law — Counseling and Litigation
- California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California, 1994, J.D
- Law Journal: Maritime Law Journal, Editor, 1993 – 1994
- University of California, Irvine, California, 1990, B.A.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Member, San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Girls on the Run of Silicon Valley (2016-present)